Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Old House Update



I had the day off of work today, so I went out to the Old House to see how the floor was coming. My mom and my uncle have been out there a couple of times this week doing a lot of work.
The living room is still looking a mess, but at least all of the sub-flooring is in.


Right now, my uncle is running each board through a plainer and then my mom is sterilizing them. (It's a very old house. Who knows what kind of yucky stuff has been in there over the years)

The boards are looking really nice though. We discovered that there are actually two different types of wood (Oak and Hemlock) so that might change some of our plans for how we're going to lay the boards out.




I ate my lunch in the dining room today. (A delicious Turkey Club from my Grandma's restaurant, the D&R Depot) I used a piece of firewood as a bench. lol.

I did a little bit of work with this handy dandy tool

And then I spent the rest of my time standing in front of the fire, brainstorming (daydreaming) and trying to stay warm.

Let me tell you, that house is very well insulated. It really holds in the cold/heat. It was colder inside the house today than it was outside. But I guess that'll be really nice in the summer, to have a nice cool house, and nice once we get heat in, because it won't be drafty.

No comments:

Post a Comment