Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I am a Robot

Every day, I wake up at the same time. I walk the dog, fill the wood furnace, shower, and go to work. I sit at my desk for 8 1/2 hours and take the same exact call 60 times in a row. I work until 9:00pm  drive 45 minutes home, walk the dog, fill the wood furnace, and go to bed.

This is my life.

I work, I sleep, I work, I sleep.

Some people have suggested what they believe to be a simple fix. "Why don't you just wake up earlier and do something you enjoy." "Get a hobby or something."
Easier said than done. I actually do have a couple hobbies. I'm just too drained from work to do anything when I get home other than sit in bed, drink some tea, jot down a few of my thoughts here, and then go to sleep.
I do not wake up early, and the reason for this is because I'm 21. Still practically a teenager, I haven't become a morning person yet. Considering the fact that I don't get home from work until 10 or 10:30 makes me feel like it's okay to sleep until 10 the next morning.

I wouldn't mind my routine as much if my work day weren't so repetitive.
You know when you call in to your insurance company because your premium increased, and you're upset about it, and all you want to do is yell at someone (it's okay to admit it. We've all felt this way)
I'm the person on the other line who takes the blame, apologizes for something I have no control over, and then does the best I can to save you money . But what you don't know, is that as soon as I hang up the phone with you, another call comes in, and I start the whole process over again.

This is why I am a robot. I say the same sentences over and over like I'm programmed to respond with only select phrases.

I need a job with projects. I need to be able to have a project that I can work on, think about, be creative with, and then when it's over, I can start a new project.

This is why I need to be a wedding planner. One wedding after another, but each is different, and each allows me to be creative and spend time working on something that is going to make someone's day beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. What are you talking about you can say tons of stuff to people!!! such as let me run an MSB for you. let me review your discounts and want to raise your deductible and....... ok you right you only can say a few things. : )

    ReplyDelete