Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Complain complain, and blah blah blah

Yesterday I got sent home from work because I'd lost my voice. It's much better now, but yesterday I sounded horrible. Unfortunately there isn't really anything that I can do at work with no voice, considering the fact that I just take phone calls all day. So shortly after arriving at work, I was off again.
Since I felt completely fine (other than a slight sore throat) I decided that I was not going to waste my day off. So I drove to my old college to visit my boyfriend, and my friends who still attend there.
Boy do I miss being at school. I had forgotten what it felt like to be so carefree. We just hung out in the dorms, went to dinner, and then I went to watch everyone play an intramural basketball game.
As I sat on the floor of the gym, and looked around at all the people playing, and running, or just sitting in the cafe, and the lounges talking and watching tv, I had the crushing feeling that my life will never be like that again. All the memories of living on campus and living that life every day came rushing back, and it made me incredibly sad.
I just want that life again so badly. I want to be able to see my friends every day, and spend time with them, even if we're just sitting around doing nothing. I am just so miserable working 8 1/2 hours a day, and hour and a half away from all the people I want to be spending my time with. I don't even get out of work early enough that I'm able to see anyone during the week. I know this is what life is, but it just feels a little unfair that I wasn't able to stay at college for my full 4 years. I would just like to be able to have that time like all of my friends do.

Some day I'm going to go back to school. Or at least find a job that will make me happy, and allow me enough free time to be able to see my friends, and my boyfriend, and give me a little bit of time to have hobbies. I just need work to not be the only thing in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment