Monday, February 18, 2013

DIY: Knotted Headband

I've been in a really crafty mood lately, so I'll probably be posting a lot of DIYs. This is one I saw a while ago, and thought was very cute, so I decided to try it.

                                                     DIY: Knotted Headband

I was originally planning on doing a prettier color, but I decided on black since I'm not allowed to wear bright colors at work. I can always make some more colorful ones later.

Step 1: Start with a tee-shirt, or sweater or some sort of cloth that has a little bit of stretch to it. I chose a tee-shirt, just because I had an extra lying around.
Step 2: Cut off the bottom seam. You don't want this part to be in your headband.
Step 3: Measure about 5 inches from the bottom of the shirt. Mark it with a pencil, or chalk (whatever will show up on your fabric) and then cut along the dotted line.

Step 4: Measure the cloth around your head so you know where to make the first knot.

Step 5: Then just keep knotting until you've run out of the extra cloth. Make sure to make the last knot really really tight, and then cut off the excess.

All done! Easy peasy right?


No comments:

Post a Comment