Monday, November 18, 2013

One Crafty Lady

A while back, a family friend of mine made a gift for me, and I've decided that it is absolutely far too stunning not to share. Now I have to be honest, this woman is the craftiest, most creative lady I know, not to mention, incredibly talented. I've known her my whole life, and even though we're not really related, my brother and I grew up calling her Aunt Kathy.

So, this lovely lady took a completely ordinary box, and turned it into a gorgeous, personalized chest.


On the front, she used a wood burner to carve in my name, birth date, and a phrase that represents my life (look familiar? lol)







Notice all of the floral designs on the bottom and between the text. All of this was done freehand-no stencils, because she's just that amazing. Also note the edges of the box, which she also burned. Don't the little details just make it that much more beautiful?

In order to make it more personal, on one side she carved both of my parents' names and their wedding date, along with my full name. On the other side she put a quote:

"Learn to Love
Learn to be Patient
Learn to be Disciplined
Learn to Forgive,
And to Love Again"




I'm so in love with this gift, and I can't wait to put it in the Old House. I just think it'll look so perfect in that house.



No comments:

Post a Comment