Friday, November 29, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving is such a fun holiday! My family doesn't really do anything for Thanksgiving anymore since some of us live pretty far away, so instead of celebrating with my family, I have dinner with Brandon's family, and a group of their friends. It's always a lot of fun, with tons of good food, and competitive board games.
This year I decided that I wanted to contribute to the meal, but I didn't have a lot of time between work, so I decided to make a very simple (yet delicious) broccoli salad.


Yum! I used this recipe from Jam Hands, which includes broccoli, cheese, onion, dried cranberries, and bacon mixed together in a dressing. Instead of cooking my own bacon (since I don't currently have a stove) I just used Oscar Meyers Real Bacon Bits, and I also added sliced almonds to the mixture. Gotta say, it was a big hit. I didn't come home with any left overs. 

As proof once again that I have too much free time, I also painted my nails for Thanksgiving using a white base coat, and about 6 other colors. I didn't have a toothpick at the time, so I used a hair pin to make the zigzags. I finished it off with a matte top coat, just because I love how the matte makes the colors look.


Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving too!


No comments:

Post a Comment