Saturday, June 8, 2013

My (soon-to-be) Unhealthy Obsession

The iPhone 4. White. Uncased.


Such a rare and beautiful sight.
If I could keep my iPhone in perfect condition without having a case on it. I would. Trust me, I tried for a while...but after dropping/unintentionally throwing my phone across the floor for the 4th or 5th time, I decided that I had tempted fate for too long. Clearly I had been lucky up to this point, and my clumsiness was bound to catch up with me sooner or later.

So while on vacation at Disney World, my  mom bought me a vintage style Mickey Mouse iPhone case.
..and that started it.  It opened me up to a whole new world of personal expression and iPhone protection. lol.  I decided that if I can't have my sleek, simple, uncased iPhone, then I'm going to protect it in style. I've since developed a weird obsession with iPhone cases. While I've only actually bought two, other than the one above, I'm constantly looking at them online, trying to find the next perfect case.
So far, in addition to my Mickey Mouse case, I have this rubber whale case
Complete with adorable little anchor detail on the front..
And my most recent purchase, and current iPhone covering...
The Tardis. Love it.

Now obviously, I could be spending my money on much worse things...so it's not the most unhealthy obsession that I could have...but here's the thing that makes it bad.
Have you ever actually tried to get an iPhone case off of an iPhone? It is not always an easy task! The rubber ones-no problem...but the hard cases? I cannot explain to you the rage that fills me when struggling to un-case this ridiculously slippery and tricky piece of technology.

Maybe it's just me. I don't know. But no matter. It's obviously not enough to keep me from feeding my addiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment