Tuesday, December 17, 2013

'tis the Season....

..For forgiveness.

I'm starting to think that I recommitted to this blogging thing at exactly the wrong time. I'm finding it a bit difficult to blog on a regular basis when I have no internet.

That's right. NO INTERNET!

Some of you may be asking, "how do you survive?"

I'm actually finding it kind of nice. Instead of spending my time on facebook, and watching stupid pointless (*cough* adorable) kitty cat videos, I've been working on my house, doing some crafts here and there, catching up on my reading, and actually making food for myself...even if it's a simple as a breakfast sandwich.

This one's got egg, pepper turkey, and mild cheddar, toasted on rosemary and olive oil bread with a slather of honey mustard. Yum!

So here is an update of my past week..

It snowed... A LOT.

This picture was taken after the first snowfall...since then we've had more than 10 inches, and I'm miserable about it.















However, I have crossed a couple of things off of my "Things to do before Christmas" list.

Invitations to Christmas dinner sent out- Check


These where actually sent out a while ago (when I still had my Thanksgiving nails) Shaped like a house due to the fact that this will be the first Christmas in the Old House in forever..and not very many people have seen it all re-done and being lived in.

Christmas tree up and decorated- Check

Last week I went to pick out Christmas trees with my lovely friend Jen, and her family. I always get a real tree, but this was my first time actually going to the tree farm to pick it out. There where so many to choose from!


I think I picked a good one though. It turned out to be a little tall for my living room. But we got it all cut down to an appropriate size, and Brandon came over to help me decorate it. It's a little bare in a couple of places, but I still have a few ornaments to put on it.


It makes my living room feel so cheery and festive. I love it!

This year I've also been a bit obsessed with sparkly things, glitter and such..so I just got a big pack of super cheap dollar store Christmas bulbs and then added my own sparkle to them. I love the results.


For some of them I glued on little fake diamonds (left) and others I just coated in white and silver glitter (right)
  I want to add on a couple more of the diamond coated ornaments. They look so pretty near the Christmas lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment