Monday, December 17, 2012

Is it possible to have a mid-life crisis this young?


I am turning 21 in approximately 12 days, though I might as well be 30.

This is me.




My name is Siobhan (pronounced Shavon for those who don’t know Gaelic) I’m a licensed insurance agent for one of the top insurance companies in the country. I work full time to support myself, my full-time student roommate, a slightly brain-damaged dog, and an unknowingly pregnant cat that we adopted (Ms. preggers soon became 1 momma cat and 5 adorable babies.)


2 of the 5


We’re a unique family.

With my 21st birthday approaching, I've realized how very young I really am.
People at work are constantly surprised when they find out that I’m younger than 25. The youngest of my co-workers is 28. Now that 7 or 8 years may seem like nothing to some but let me put it in to perspective.
These people graduated from high school in 2002 or earlier. At that time, I was in 5th grade.
When they were graduating college, I was in my very first year of high school.
When I graduated from high school in 2009, they were celebrating 5th and 6th year wedding anniversaries, and the 1st birthdays of their second child.
One year ago, I was still technically a teenager.


30 years of age is definitely not old, but I’m still almost 10 years away from that. It’s too soon for me to be settling into a career. Especially one as boring as insurance (no offence to the insurance enthusiasts out there)

So I've decided to change my life. If I’m going to be 30 years old, it’s going to be a 30 that I’m happy with. I’m done settling.
So with the start of the new year, comes the start of a new adventure for me. I’d love to tell you that I’m going to travel, or go back to school, or do something exciting, but unfortunately for me I have bills to pay, and no money for much else.

Instead I’m going to focus on creating a life for myself that will make me happy. Throughout this blog, I'm going to post about my road to happiness, beautiful thoughts, and inspirations, and hopefully one day very soon I will be living a beautiful, happy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment